Hallo Dear, people nowadays are looking for something that are very practical. So is the case with food. As well as the hamburger, we can make the hamburger buns with a whoppie pan, or make a cupcake bun and cut it in half-but it’s seems quite difficult because we have to do so much work just for a few buns. In this case, I’d like to give you a pretty good solution. Yes, hamburger mug bun. want try some?
The taste of the bun is a little bit odd, it seems from psyllium husk but it is very suitable to be combined with beef (in my opinion) and you don’t need to add any extra spices or flavorings into it. But if you want to disguise the flavor you may also add your favorite spice to cover the flavors. For example, you can add oregano, cumin, paprika, even curry.
There are 2 types of almond flour that we use in this bun batter which is non-blanched almond flour and blanched almond flour. Both of them are suitable for this bun. The only thing that’s really affected is the color. The non-blanched almond flour will make the bun darker while blanched almond flour will make a lighter color bun.
The most important thing of this bun is about the size of the bun. So I use mug to create the size of the bun. If you want to make a large bun you should use a pretty wide mug. Make sure you select the correct mug. It’s very crucial here because it will affect to the shape of the bun at the end.
How to create a pretty Hamburger Bun is as follows:
- 1 Egg, large
- 1 tbsp Chicken broth
Baking & Spices
- 1 tbsp Almond flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp Psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
How to make the bun :
- Crack an egg in to a mug. The mug must be a wide mug not the conventional mug
- Microwave butter for 10 to 15 seconds until melt than pour over the egg and mix well.
- Add 1 tbsp. Almond Flour, 1 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder, 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder, 1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar, and 1 tbsp. Chicken Broth.
- Mix all that ingredients together until a slightly doughy substance is formed. Wipe the edges of the cup where there is excess dough that might be stuck.
- Microwave that bun batter for 60-75 seconds depend on the watt power of your microwave. Don’t worry if you see the bun batter puff up quickly. It will reduce quickly in size once you take it out. Turn over the mug and tap it against a plate carefully. Cut the bun in half size and sauté it with butter.
Yes, that’s all for the menu. May you enjoy it with your lovely family! seems legit, isn’t it? 😊